4. Moving Elements Around Instructions

For 4. Moving Elements Around, I feel like the instructions are unclear about what to do as it says "In script.js, add a new line below your code" and probably some people would think to write an actual new line of code, but however I found the solution in one of the topics where you did not have to "add a new line below your code" to do it, but only had to change the target id it was selecting.

Also does anyone know where I am supposed to give feedback if this is not the right place to? :sweat_smile:

This lesson carries the code over from the previous lesson, if I'm not mistaken. However, I'm not sure how stringent the SCT is. I think it only looks to make sure a paragrah is written where expected, and that there is only one.

Yes, it does carry the code over, but I was wondering if the instructions could be changed or have a hint at the bottom to make it more clear or easier because I ended up adding a line of code as the instructions said and I ended up realizing after many tries, I only had to change a part in the code that was carried over from the previous step. My question is about whether or not the instructions could be clarified more.
(Again I'm sorry if this is not the right place to make suggestions. Having some trouble finding the feedback link on the original Codecademy website.)

It's fine that you posted here. We can move it to Platform for further review, no problem. I'm sorry you had to go through so much only to discover there was very little to actually do. Unfortunately this is part of the old course model and is more or less archival in that no changes are scheduled for the future. Only newer courses are rolling out and the budget for the old content is pretty much zero, as I understand it. At least you were able to move on. Good work!

Ah ok and I see. I just wanted to ask this question as there will always be new people who will want to learn how to code and just wanted to make the instructions less lengthy and easier to understand for them who are / will be eventually going onto that step. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I had the same question about the unclear instructions so thank you for asking! This thread helped me solve my problem

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.