4. First Move

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-x9DnD/0/4?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661#

Hey guys, I'm stuck at stage 4. I've completed all the instructions but when I run the code it proceeds as expected to the last prompt - var userAnswer. I haven't put an if/else statement after this point because it doesn't say so in the instructions. I cannot pass this point because it keeps telling me...

"Did you remember to console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'who wants to race me?'");?"

That line is definitely in there and I've double and triple checked my spelling and grammar and the code entered in this stage matches the instructions.

I'm baffled, any help would be much appreciated.

confirm("You ready to play!?");
var age = prompt("Hey hey first what's your age?");
if(age < 13)
{ 
console.log("Okay you are allowed to play but don't come crying to me if Bieber sings and makes your ears bleed!");
}
else
{
console.log("Go forth and kick ass mother f*cka!");
}
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'who wants to race me?'");
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

Make sure when you are using assigned text strings that you check spelling, grammar, punctuation and even lowercase/uppercase.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.