4 - Arithmetic not able to complete the exercise

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

Hello everyone,

the SASS course seems to have quite a lot of problems but on that particular exercise it’s worse ( at least for me ). I tried reseting the exercise, refreshing the browser a lot and Nothing changed. I even tried to use " get the code " button but it didn’t work, the site said there was a problem. Also, the error message is talking about the height and line-height properties but this part has been done already ( and has been validated by a green check ).

Thanks for your help =).

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>
here is a link to the exercise : https://www.codecademy.com/fr/courses/learn-sass/lessons/functions-and-operations/exercises/arithmetic

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Here is the error message I’m getting : Did you assign the .math class height and line-height to be a sixth of the width in main.scss?

```

Replace this line with your code.
$width: 250px;
$lagoon-blue: #62fdca;

.math {
width: $width;
text-align: center;
background-color: $lagoon-blue;
color: red + blue;
height: $width/6;
line-height: $width/6;
border-radius: $width/30;
}

<do not remove the three backticks above>
1 Like

Here is the correct code…

$width: 250px;
$lagoon-blue: fade-out (#62fdca, 0.5);

.math {
width: $width;
text-align: center;
background-color: $lagoon-blue;
color: red + blue;
height: $width/6;
line-height: $width/6;
border-radius: $width/30;
}

2 Likes

I already had that part in my code, it’s only because of resetting everything everytime cause it has bugs. And I tried adding it again and still not working ;).

Even I am facing a problem with this since days! Nothing seems to be working. Fetching the code gives connection error.

Same problem, “Something went wrong”.

Yup! Same problem here! Has anyone been able to complete this lesson?

Just tried it in a different browser and it worked fine!

Not sure what browsers everyone is using, but I was having the problem in Firefox. Switched to Chrome and was able to complete the lesson.

2 Likes

Hey there, I had already tried with Firefox ( I use Edge as a daily driver ) and now I tried with Chrome and it did work.
That’s a weird thing still >_<.
Thanks and keep going hehe ;).

Try every browser you can, it did work in the end for me using chrome ( I used Edge & Firefox ).
Hope it does help =).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.