"Name": "boy",
    "Status": "owned",
    "Punished": True
}

print my_dict.keys()
print my_dict.values()

for key in my_dict:
    print key, my_dict[key],

...saying: Oops, try again. It looks like you did not print out every key in my_dict.

The addition of the comma on the last line is supposed to keep output all on the same line. What am I missing here?

there is one tiny flaw, in this line:

print key, my_dict[key],

there is a , at the end, and it shouldn't be there. Then you should be good, also for next time, use one of the following instructions to keep the indention intact:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard. I edited your code, so you can edit it to see what i did

Thanks...
So even tho the instruction mentioned using a comma to keep output on the same line, we're not supposed to use the comma?

let me explain, you have this:

print key, my_dict[key],

you should use a comma between key and my_dict[key] to keep it on the same line, but no comma after my_dict[key]

I get what you're saying, and I thank you, but this is the example that is used before we are asked to try our own code:
for number in range(5):
print number,

d = { "name": "Eric", "age": 26 }
for key in d:
print key, d[key],

for letter in "Eric":
print letter, # note the comma!

Using the example, when I attempt to use the trailing comma, I get an error. Of course, when I delete the comma, CA says OK.
I know this is a small detail and not really a big deal, but combine this and many other 'small confusions' with the daunting task of learning a programming language becomes off-putting to say the least.

Weird, it could be a problem in codecademy SCT (submission correctness test), i think you should continue to use the trailing comma, but it causes problems in this exercise

OK... Again, a really small detail about which one has to be willing to be flexible enough to continue to learn, but as someone who has struggled more than now with learning, I can understand how someone new, and not necessarily tech-friendly, can easily resort to procrastination! I should tell my story to the greater community. I know I'm not alone!

Yea, there is a introduction topic, where you can introduce yourself, i recommend that

anotherdirection, thanks for posting this. I had the same question and didn't find a definitive answer why the note in the instruction directly contradicted how the tester parsed the answer. I'm going to chalk this up to an oversight in the test verification.

there is nothing wrong i tried it and works pretty well. example code works good , but own code with comma give error as long as you do not add another print line underneath

my_dict = {
    'name': str(raw_input('your name:')),
    'age': int(raw_input('your age:'))
    }
for key in my_dict:
    print key, my_dict[key],
print "Hello"

comma after [key] means there must be another line of code to print out. you can check that with and without comma and adding print 'hello' to comment with hasch.

thanks for question i learned smth new and understand a little bit more how python works :slight_smile: