3.Litteraly Speaking

My code for some reason doesnt print out the text... it gives me this odd error but lets me pass.. RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
var james = {
job: "programmer",
married: false,
speak: function( ) {
console.log("Hello, I am feeling " + james.speak())
}
};

james.speak("great");
james.speak("just okay");

Should your speak function really call your speak function? That's a never-ending loop, and keeping track of all the function calls takes space on the stack

So I should find a way not to use speak function to call my speak function? o.o
Those two bottom rows of code were already there.

That's not what I said.

consider this:

function f() {
    f();
}

no I think you are doing it right, or right-ish. james.speak() is inside but what you are calling is outside. I don't see anything wrong with that... other than its not complete yet. Still trying to figure that part out. We need a for, or something in the function( ) though. hint says to put a parameter like mood in there. Not sure how to bring it full circle though.

sorry for double post but for some reason this:

var james = {
speak: function(mood) {
console.log("Hello, I am feeling" + " " + james.speak())
}
};
james.speak("great");

gets me a good job move on, even though it is wrong, and gives me an error. So it must be "close" to the answer.

Ok found the answer. Not sure how this is suppoed to work, but the correct answer is:

var james = {
speak: function(mood) {
console.log("Hello, I am feeling" + " " + mood)
}
};
james.speak("great");

so the other guy was right, to much recursion..... I don't really get this one at all.

Basically, what is happening is: When the function speak:function(mood) is called the mood part contains what is written in james.speak("this section ");

So if I wrote james.speak("Awesome!") under the function it would do this:
console.log("Hello, I am feeling" + " " + "Awesome!")

I hope this helps you to understand :slightly_smiling:

I didnt figure out that james.speak is a function and("great") is a parameter that we are calling the function with ._. i feel lame

Thx it's good answer for me to understanding:)