3. Getting Input : Submit button continuously spinning

In 2.3, I coded the print and the "gets.chomp", I wrote my name in the formatter, but it's not letting me move on. The "run code" key just continues to be the spinning gear. I can't move on!

I'm having the same problem. I think an issue with the site. I just tweeted @codecademy to see if they can help.

I'm also having this issue. Hopefully they'll get it working pretty soon.

Hi @rfeder, could I get you to post a screen shot of your entire web page please?

Hi @afhandy,

Could I get you to post a screen shot of your entire web page please?

Hi @jacobtjackson,

Could I get you to post a screen shot of your entire web page please?

my webpage

Thank you @rfeder,

That is a link to the exercise. Everyone following that link will end up at their version of the exercise. I need to see a screenshot so that I can see what you see.

Thanks @rfeder,

After you typed Rita, did you press enter/return so that the response could be sent to your program?

yes, and the gear just kept turning.

It just worked for some reason. I dont know why. Thanks so much for your help.

I'm glad that it's working for you now.

Hey, I'm facing the same issue here: http://grab.by/LHAK

You have written a program that asks the user for their name using gets.chomp, and see how it has displayed that question in the right hand pane? It is now waiting for the user to type something -- in this case, you must play the user role and answer the question, then press enter to complete the gets command that you wrote.

Awesome! True story, it was waiting for me! Thanks a bunch!

Does Anyone solve the spinning "submit button". I refreshed it a million times. :confounded:

Refreshing isn't going to help. The program that you just wrote is waiting for you to respond to it. Answer the question that you programmed it to ask and then press return/enter.

I am facing the same problem as well ..I thought it was something wrong from my end , but doesn't look like that..Look into it at the earliest

You've written a program to ask the user (that's you in this case) for their first name. It is waiting for you to answer.