#27 conclusions 1

stuck on 27 conclusions 1

how do you give a variable string value? and when entering code for the my color variable it says the color I choose is undefined how do I define the color of my variable?

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/getting-started-v2/4/4?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

Replace this line with your code.

how do you give a variable string value?`

var x = "grantham95"; // as your name is a string value

and when entering code for the my color variable it says the color I choose is undefined how do I define the color of my variable?
It's asking for string value...
If you have given something like

var my_color = undefined;

then I'd throw an error as it asked for string value!!
String value always goes inside quotes (single/ double)!
I'd do something like this..

var my_color = "red";

then i print is using console.log()

it is saying my color isn't set to a string value. On line 2 it says to log the length of the my color variable. so inside of console.log would the code be myColor.length = 3 if I choose the color red?

myColor.length = 3
It will create an error!

Revision Section ---

suppose there is a string...

var name = "Erick";

If I had to find the length and print it
I'd write like this...

console.log(name.length);

I hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Though I strongly suggest you to revise the whole section again!!!

okay I appreciate your help but for some reason after following everything you've said its still saying that the mycolor isn't set to a string value and my code looks fine ill post the link below

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/getting-started-v2/4/4?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

Post the code.

Link does give the page but it does not send me to your code but my page! :slight_smile:

var my_Color ="red";
console.log(my_Color.length);

my_Color?
As instruction says--

So It's myColor

var my_Color = "my_Color";
console.log("my_Color".length);

this is the new code and now its saying that I didn't print mycolor to the console even though it is showing up in the box that shows your code after you run it? I'm really sorry for all the trouble

never mind just got it thanks for the help!!

I am having trouble getting past this also. How did you do it? please help....

What error you're getting ?

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I just got past it. I got it wrong so many times and then it finally accepted my answer

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.