26. Links and text decoration

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-TlhFi/4/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Oops, try again. Did you remember to set your link’s text-decoration to none;?

``` Result codecademy

hello

hello2

hhvghvhvhgvkvgvh

fdrghvdrdvnvftnjhhch

</body>

h1{
font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;
color:#576D94;

}
p{
font-size:18px;
color: #4A4943;
font-family:Garamond,serif;
}
img{
height:100px;
width:300px;
border:1px solid #4682b4;
}
a{
text-decoration:none;
color:#cc0000;
}

<do not remove the three backticks above>

This exercise is a lil buggy. I highly recommend trying a different browser such as firefox. This question really doesn’t work well with chrome.

1 Like

this exercise is currently not working chrome, try IE or FF

1 Like

h1
{
font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;
color:#576d94;
}
p
{
font-size:18px;
color:#4a4943;
font-family:Garamond,serif;

}
img
{
height:100px;
width:300px;
border:1px solid #4682b4;
}
a
{ text-decoration:none;
color:#cc0000;
}
i too did the same but showing error!
Oops, try again. Did you remember to set your link’s text-decoration to none;?
showing this!
what to do??

did you try oscars suggestion:

you make no indication you did.

During this exercise, you have a block element inside an inline element. This only works in HTML 5, not HTML 4. Only browsers that support HTML 5 will be able to run this code. You might want to update your browser

You are saying chrome and chromium do not support html5? I find this hard to believe, chrome is one of the most used browsers

I am saying you might need to update the browser or maybe chrome is not running HTML5 for that page or something like that.

this link may help you understand what it cannot support

still not buying it, i did this exercise in chrome and chromium at beginning of this year, and it worked fine. I think this is a bug at codecademy site, there is a ticket about

this is the text-decoration-color property, which is pretty new, what we use here is text-decoration which already exists in html4

got the right one this time

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_text_text-decoration.asp

see? a browser that doesn’t support text-decoration would require a browser from the stone-age

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.