2. My code is exactly as the "Stuck...Get a Hint" example reads

I am not having that problem, but my code is exactly as the "Stuck...Get a Hint" example reads yet I'm told to make the color #5a5a5a; which I have...what am I missing? Here's my code...

<div class = "nav">
    .nav a {
        color: #5a5a5a;
        font-size: 11px;
        font-weight: bold;
        padding-top: 14px;
        padding-bottom: 14px;
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-right: 10px;
        text-transform: uppercase;
    }

2. ''Oops, try again. Set the font-weight to bold'

Your new CSS rule looks perfect.

Did you put it in the right file? See if this helps: http://discuss.codecademy.com/t/2-10-where-do-i-put-the-nav-css-code/815

Hi there and thanks for your response...yes, it's on the CSS page, it's exactly as portrayed in the "Hint" section, I'm tempted to contact Codecademy and ask them to review it as it's holding me up from proceeding...thanks again!

I just formatted your code, and I see that you have included an HTML tag in with your CSS code. Once you remove that then you should find that it works.

Thanks much, I will check that out...

Hi again...sorry to belabor this but I'm assuming you meant the <div class="nav"> which I believe needs to be included, but either way when I removed it I got the same message, that I had not set the color right, and I'm beginning to think it's a bug...thanks for all your help, I think I'm going to hit the "Help" button!

Okay...got it, I had started this course a while back, forgot some things and did it wrong as you pointed out so kindly...all fixed, I passed, thanks!

This has happend to me to, i am also stuck

See if this helps: http://discuss.codecademy.com/t/2-10-where-do-i-put-the-nav-css-code/815

Thats exactly what I did!!! Same error!!! Whats wrong with this thing?!!

What did you do exactly?

If you need it: How to post code in this forum.

This:

<div class = "nav">
    .nav a {
        color: #5a5a5a;
        font-size: 11px;
        font-weight: bold;
        padding-top: 14px;
        padding-bottom: 14px;
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-right: 10px;
        text-transform: uppercase;
    }

Anyway, Thanks for the link. I really needed it.

That line above it the problem. That is HTML code, and we are currently writing code in our CSS file. The CSS interpreter has no idea what that means.

How to fix it: delete that line.

I did NOT know that. I really didn't.

That's okay, you've only been doing this for a short while. :smile:

As long as you know now, that's what matters.

Any questions, just ask!

how did you fix it? Im stuck.