2. Fun with functions - URGENT!

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/objects-ii/0/2?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

I think I got all the codes correct in here (as I have went through the Q&A in this forum section as well). However, the system still doesn't let me pass? Can anyone help me for that? Thanks!

function Person(job, married) {
    this.job = job;
    this.married = married;
    // add a "speak" method to Person!
    this.speak = function(){
        console.log ("Hello!");    
    };
}

var user = new Person("Codecademy Student",false);
user.speak();

Yeah your code looks fine to me,

Try refreshing the page or reset code and paste in again

speak needs to be added as a parameter.

I don't see anything wrong. What was the error message?

I'm not sure about using speak as a parameter, because I passed using jim_prince's code.

Take off the semicolon at the end of the first curvy bracket :).

His code actually works with and without said semicolon on my end... so strange that it isn't working :confused: I completed the lesson with the same exact code days ago.

function Person(job, married) {
    this.job = job;
    this.married = married;
    // add a "speak" method to Person!
    this.speak = function(){
        console.log("Hello!");
    };

}

var user = new Person("Codecademy Student",false);
user.speak();

Actually, that isn't true. The function does not request for a parameter:

this.speak = function(){

Therefore, none should be passed.

user.speak();

Odd, maybe this course is just buggy then? Because I've passed a lesson and the code was completely wrong lol.

Try clearing the cache and restarting the browser. If the problem persists try a different browser and see if the code works.

Probably. I noticed I have to do what @zainabrawat recommended on a lot of the PHP exercises.

Thanks everyone. I tried to restart my laptop and finally got the section passed with the code listed above. Perhaps there is a bug somewhere in this page.

Anyway. Thanks!!

I had the same issue because I was printing "Hello" w/o "!". Try adding exclamation point.

I had the same problem and simply refreshed the page. Worked following the refresh.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.