2.1 reverse

Hi everyone,

I have some troubles with this. Here you find my code

def reverse(text):
  text = raw_imput('give me the string to reverse')
  for i in text:
    reversed = []
    reversed = i + reverse
  print reversed

and that is the error I got it:

Did you create a function called reverse? Your code threw a "global name 'raw_imput' is not defined" error.

what is wrong?
thank you everyone for the help you can give me

best
Salvo

just a typo. raw_input not “raw_imput”

ah sorry I corrected but it just changed the error:

Does your reverse function take exactly one argument (a string)? Your code threw a “coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, function found” error.

That I actually do not understand because for what I read raw_input gets input from the user and returns the data input by the user in a string. right?

ok, I think that theoretically it works:

my code is:

def reverse(text):
reversed = ""
for i in text:
reversed = i + reversed
print reversed

reverse(“salvo”)

than this what is happening in the right part of the screen:

than I have this error:

Your function fails on reverse(“Python!”). It returns “None” when it should return “!nohtyP”.

what is meaning? I mean, for me it seems is actually working

you may need to repost your question in a different thread to get someone else’s attention. I dont know python.

@asernot

haha, you made a silly mistake! You forgot to return reversed after you printed it.
Your code works well!

@coursemaster50025

ahahah sorry, yes I forgot.

I have just a question why even if I forgot return it was “kind of working”? I am thinking without return it should not print reversed, right?

No, it can print reversed. You just have to return reversed AFTER you print it, or else the function won’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.