16. Comprehending Comprehensions. Please take a Look

"My code feels right to me but the error I'm getting is that it prints 15 only instead of three??"

threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1, 16) if (x * 2) % 3 == 0 and (x*2) % 5 ==0]
print threes_and_fives

write instructions or link of course here

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-en-KAgt5/4/2?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

your problem is

this not neede.

if (x * 2) % 3 == 0 and (x*2) % 5 ==0

Take another look on the condition you have. As mentioned above by @firstboy000 there's no need to multiply x by two. But there is another bigger problem too. You only add numbers when x divides by both 3 and 5 at the same time. Maybe you ment to print when x divides by three or five (hint hint)

The problem with the code is that it is only printing numbers that are divisible by three and five.
So instead of using (x * 2) % 3 == 0 and (x*2) % 5 == 0 , you would write (x * 2) % 3 == 0 or (x*2) % 5 == 0.:joy:

:laughing::smile: i figured that out, already passed that excecise.

Here's what I came up with, after some trial and errors

threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1,16) if ((x % 3 == 0) or (x % 5 == 0))]

threes_and_fives=[3,5,6,9,10,12,15]

"this is the simplest answer"

threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1, 16) if x % 3 == 0 or x % 5 == 0]
print threes_and_fives

Looking back at list comprehensions, this is what I came up with, hope it helps anyone.

threes_and_fives=[3,5,6,9,10,12,15]

worked for me

Please find the code for Comprehending Comprehensions:
threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1,16) if x%3 == 0 or x%5 ==0]
print threes_and_fives

Most certainly there is a mistake in the instructions : it should be "that are divisible by 3 or 5" instead of "that are evenly divisible by 3 or 5".
The code below is OK:

threesand_fives = [x for x in range(1,16) if (x%3==0) or (x%5==0)]_
print threesand_fives_

while this code is rejected:
threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1,16) if (x/3.0)%2==0 or (x/5.0)%2==0]
print threes_and_fives

Same exact answer that I came up with nice job sir! :slight_smile:

why can't we put if loop in front???

the if is not a loop but a condition and in list comprehension the loop comes first then the if condition.

Thank you for your kind help! The main key here is actually to type «or» instead of «and».

Use this code.Don't multiply x with 2.This way you are simply increasing the values.Also and as a logical operator will make it sure that the number only gets devided by 3 and 5 both

threes_and_fives = [x for x in range(1,16) if x%3 ==0 or x%5==0]
print threes_and_fives

A post was split to a new topic: 16. Comprehending Comprehensions