15/16 Help

name = raw_input(“What is your name?”)
quest = raw_input(“What is your quest?”)
color = raw_input(“What is your favorite color?”)

print "Ah, so your name is %s, your quest is %s, "
“and your favorite color is %s.” % (name, quest, color)

I’m getting this in the console

What is your name?What is your quest?What is your favorite color?Ah, so your name is SCT, your quest is if type(error) == ValueError:, and your favorite color is return "Make sure to use a lowercase “s” with %s. Python told us about the following error: " + str(error).

I replaced the ___ with %s like the instructions said

Hi @aozai03,

Look here:

you’re getting an error because you didn’t convert your arguments properly. It’s only going to print the strings like how they’re written, and ignore the “formatting” part when formatting:

because python doesn’t recognize that the two strings are connected.
Review your code… how do we make this string to convert our variables (name, quest, color) correctly? :wink:

4 posts were split to a new topic: 15/16 help

A post was split to a new topic: 15/16 help

2 posts were split to a new topic: 15/16 help

@blogninja81960, @berfraper, @designrockstar53014, next time, don’t hijack someone’s topic with your problem/s. If this problem isn’t similar to yours, or if you need more help, you can create a new topic like it’s stated in the Codecademy Guidelines.

http://discuss.codecademy.com/guidelines

A post was split to a new topic: 15/16 help

Everyone telling me their problems in this topic causes further confusion and clutter, I know your issues may be similar to this topic, but everyone posting in here doesn’t really help. I’ll look into it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 15/16 help

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.