14-Day Coding Challenge

You’re not in it alone.

Welcome to the 14-Day Challenge Coding Community! Everyone here has made a commitment to coding every day for the next 14 days. This is a space to support and encourage one another, share advice and talk about your common goals and objectives!

We want you to reach your goals as much as you do. And we know that it’s easier to get there with others.

So go on, introduce yourself! Share a little bit about…

• Yourself!
  • What you’re learning
  • What you’re hoping to achieve in the next 14 days

If you have tips & tricks on how you plan to keep yourself on track for the next 14 days, be sure to include those as well!

12 Likes

I just saw this, so I hope it’s not too late to jump in. I’m Rebecca, a long-time Codecademy user and a CLL moderator. I’m working through the Data Science path on Codecademy, and working on a side project trying to learn how to develop and deploy a full-stack app using React and PostgreSQL. I’d like to make progress on both of these every day, but some days I just putz around. The 14-Day Challenge will help motivate me to do at least a little bit every day (I hope).

8 Likes

Hi, I’m Hiren, a data analyst in the fire and rescue service. Hoping to make headway in the data science path. Day 1 has gone well!

8 Likes

Hi. I’m Sergey, I had some experience in Android Development and Unity3d. But I could not stop on one specialization. Now I am learning ‘Computer Science’ and ‘Web Development’ career paths here.

5 Likes

Hello,

I am Yanjun Ma. I am currently doing research on materials science and engineering. I am new to this community, and hopefully by the end of the 14th day, I could finish the course of Learn Python 2. Day 1 seems going well.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Ákos im new to coding.I choose the Data science path becouse i like the oportunity of having so much data in the internet and i want to get better in fishing out relevant content.
Day 1 check!

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Hugo, a data marketing (CRM) senior exec. I’m really interested in the insights data exploration and analysis give companies, so I’ve chosen to go on the data science career path. Over the next 14 days, I hope to have deepen my knowledge of SQL to be able to start running analyses for the company I currently work for.

3 Likes

Hello!, I’m Ayax, I’m a web Developer and I want to become a Fullstack Developer.
now I’m learning Web Developer Path. I want to improve my skills and get a better job.
Day 1 was great

5 Likes

Day 2 Done!
almost finished with SQL. Started for fun making a game with Phaser Js

3 Likes

Day 2 checked. Things are getting interesting.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Zach, the cofounder and CEO of Codecademy. I’ve been looking to get a little deeper into our numbers lately, so I’m digging into our Analyze Data with SQL path! Looking forward to learning with all of you and to keeping each other accountable.

9 Likes

Day 3 SQL getting hard need a lot more time to complete the tasks.

2 Likes

Day 3 checked. Playing with lists in Python is interesting, and sometimes confusing. I feel like this part is very essential.

2 Likes

Hey I’m Steven, and in the next 14 days, I plan to learn some more C# and finish up my Game Development with PhaserJS course.

3 Likes

Day 4 check! Im a bit stuck with SQL but have a lot off fun with Phaser.Js

4 Likes

Day 4 checked. Only did a little bit today. Hopefully I could do more tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 5 done. Finished the lists and functions part of Learn Python 2.

3 Likes

Day 5 check! Today didn’t have so much time for coding but still managed it.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Alyssa, a community manager with Codecademy. Big :clap: to all of you that stuck to your goals this week!

What was most helpful in motivating you to stick to the challenge week 1?

Post your answer here—it could be exactly what someone needs to hear to keep going!

2 Likes