12. Append to Body

I have gone through almost 5-7 posts regarding same class but it seemed I have different error as it is not a typo/syntax error I could identify myself, however I used this code on Visual Studio Code editor and it worked fine
Please review my code trying to append() new div when button is clicked while maintaining variable scope.

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-v6phg/2/3?curriculum_id=50a3fad8c7a770b5fd0007a1

Error message says ( ops, try again. Make sure to use .append() to add your .item to your .list! )

$(document).ready (function() {
    $('#button').click(function() {
        var toAdd = $('input[name=checkListItem]').val();
      $('div.list').append('<div class="item">' + toAdd + '</div>');
        });

});

here:

$('div.list')

even though this is correct, the exercise does not seem to approve it. Try $('.list')

Negative, I used both of them and same error message appeared.

after submitting, did the preview window go to full screen? Did you add elements to your list?

Yes, the code worked fine and I could see new

lines when I make an input and press 'add' button.

I copied this code and the class is succeeded but I didn't get it :

$(document).ready(function(){
    $("#button").click(function({
        var toAdd = $("input[name=checkListItem]");
        $(".div").appendClass("item"); 
    });
});

back to this code:

$(document).ready (function() {
    $('#button').click(function() {
        var toAdd = $('input[name=checkListItem]').val();
      $('div.list').append('<div class="item">' + toAdd + '</div>');
        });

});

all you needed to do was change $('div.list') into $('.list'), not sure why you changed what you did

if you submit, the preview page should go full page, add some items and you should be good

It worked now after removing 'div' from $('selector') and after using the other code I indicated above! Haha, crazy couple lines of code.

Thank you Stetim94 for helping solving this riddle :smiley: