12/18 instructional sabotage

I have to say, this entire lesson has been really tough. You guys keep explaining new concepts inside of instructions. This one in particular is rough.

You want me to define a function and use the existing code as a scaffold. What’s a scaffold in coding terms? I know now, but only because I had to get the solution. Why not say “build a function using the code we provided”?

And what element am I printing out one by one? The list I guess. Maybe I’ve forgotten where we went over elements and what hey mean as a whole.

Oh, and don’t worry about the new range function.

It just felt like there wasn’t much to go on with this one. Very frustrating, especially when we’ve gone 12 deep and still have six to go.

edit: I think it was just the range function that was getting to me. Because I didn’t understand the code being given to me, I wasn’t able to add on what needed to be done.

A skeleton or model to build around.

list => [ element0, element1, element2, ... ]

Lists, which are essentially one-dimension arrays, are made up of indexed elements, the element being the content at that index.

The range function gives us a sequence over which we can iterate to reach a specified number of elements by their index.

range(len(my_list))

when my_list has 10 elements, will be,

[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.