12, 13 and 14 let me move forward without doing anything

I can go through lessons 12, 13 and 14 of Modifying HTML Elements without doing anything correctly. For example, I can submit the following code for lesson 12.Append the Body and I'm not using .append at all. var toAdd = $('input[name=checListItem]').val(); doesn't even spell checkListItem correctly. Anyone else experiencing this?

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('#button').click() {
        var toAdd = $('input[name=checListItem]').val();
        '<div class="item">' + toAdd + '<div>';

});

});

Hi Elizdesigns,

The SCT (Submission Correctness Test; code checker) for Codecademy courses isn't perfect - there will always be ways to get around it or fool it. You just have to try your best to follow the exercises as closely as possible, and the SCT will be more likely to catch problems - if you go to far away from what the exercise is expecting, it will actually often have a harder time catching that your code is wrong.

Are you asking for help with your code, or were you just pointing out that the exercises weren't catching mistakes properly? I'll be happy to help you fix your code if you need it :slight_smile:

I also had a similar problem. I tried to correctly code it and the SCT passed me but when I went into the window to try it, nothing was working. Can you post what the correct code is at the end of 14 so I can see where I went wrong?

@javaace59300

Can you post what the correct code is at the end of 14 so I can see where I went wrong?

No, sorry. Posting code answers isn't allowed by our forum rules. If you create a new topic, and include your code and a link to the exercise you're on, then someone will be happy to point out the problems in your code though :slight_smile: