11. Get Yourself In

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-bay3D/2/3?curriculum_id=50a3fad8c7a770b5fd0007a1

Keep on getting the same response: "Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't set your div's opacity to 1. Check the example to in the instructions if you need help!"
Is there something that I am missing because my code is identical to other similar topics regarding this exercise.

$(document).ready(function() {
$('div').mouseenter(function() {
$('div').fadeTo('fast', 1);
});
});

There may be a timing issue to a delay in the SCT response. Submit. In the full preview slowly hover on a div, pause two seconds, mouse off, pause two seconds, return to editor.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested as well as a range of other things such as fadeIn and fadeOut (all with 'slow' parameter) yet nothing at all is happening on the Preview. I've even removed the code entirely. Yet each time I'm getting exactly the same error message "Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't set your div's opacity to 1. Check the example to in the instructions if you need help!"

Is there anything else I should try?

$(document).ready(function(){
        $('div').fadeTo('fast', 1);
    });
});

Just passed the lesson with this code, so I'm stumped what could be the problem.

Maybe try switching to another computer or internet browser? I have heard of similiar issues where a person has the right code but cannot pass and then they change computers or refresh or use another browser and its passes for whatever reason. Just a suggestion. May have already tried it xD

Success! although its officially a mystery!!

I removed the opacity from the CSS code. Then I changed the opacity in the JS to 0.1!

$(document).ready(function() {
$('div').fadeTo('fast',0.1);
});
});

Strange but true!

Thanks for your efforts @mtf and @bibleman13

That's one of the more interesting workarounds to surface, so far. Some folks just change the CSS to 1 from 0.5 and pass that way. The SCT is a fickle thing, it would appear. Glad you got through it.

I did the same coding but Still its showing error @mtf Any Reason Why?

Anything I could suggest is above along with others. Nothing else to add. Sorry.

I passed the lesson only when I moved the mouse over the button after submitting the code. ("Please move your mouse out of div.").

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.