11/19 Danger, Will Robinson! Why did this work but not work?

Why was I able to pass this test but not actually have it work? Is this a logicl error on my part?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Hey

My guess would be that, even though you got the error in the console (because you didn’t provide a value when asked to guess the column) the code you wrote met the requirements of the script which validates your work in the background.

You’ll validate the guesses in a later exercise, but at a glance I can’t see anything actually wrong in your code. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I appreciate that.

I did input a number though when asked for both row and column. The error happens right after I type the last number in column.

In the next exercise, the same thing happens and I don’t think I can go any further :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Granted in this exercise, I may have the wrong solution. But I won’t be able to find out what’s wrong with the code until I solve what’s wrong with line 25 and 26.

Also, I use 6,6 to try and test the code.

I’m also aware of the indent error on line 31, that was fixed and the same problem persists.

The error that you’re getting in the console is ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10 ''. Python is basically telling you that it can’t convert an empty string into a number.

Also, in both of your screenshots I can see that the console looks like this:

Guess Row: 6
Guess Col:
Traceback (most recent call last):

so there’s definitely not been any input to the console in response to the “Guess Col” prompt.

Are you definitely typing in a second number in response to the “Guess Col:” prompt?

I figured out the problem. I input the 2nd number too fast. I had to wait a second to for it to register. So you were right all along!

Thank you!

Glad you got to the bottom of it!! :slight_smile: