11/11 Creating all three at once

Going back to the lesson I decided to combine all three into one for fun, however the output is unexpected.

for (var i = 0; i > 20; i++){
do{
console.log("Testing");
}
while(i < 10);
}
console.log(i)

I expected the for loop to count 1-20 and "Testing" to print 10 times. Underneath I expect 1-20 to be printed out. However when run all I get is a printout of "0". Lesson still passed but I'm not sure why this result is coming out.

for (var i = 0; i > 20; i++){
do{
console.log("Testing");
}
while(i < 10);
}
console.log(i)

Had the above for statement executed you would have had an infinite loop. Fortunately, the statement has a mistake in the conditional expression, i > 20. A variable cannot have a value of zero and be greater than 20 at the same time. The loop never executes.

for (var i = 0; i < 20; i++) { ... }

Consider the first iteration, with i = 0.

do {
    console.log("Testing");
} while (i < 10);

This loop will never end. i will remain less than 10 for all of infinity or until the browser times out. There is no change in the state of i inside the loop. We could solve this with another control variable that takes its value from i

for (var j, i = 0; i < 20; i++) {
    j = i;
    do {
        console.log("Testing", i, j);
    } while (--j > 0);
}
console.log(i);  // 20

Whoops! I thought I avoided the infinite loop. I think I understand your answer now. The initial code I made never got started so i remained at the initial value (0) and that was all that was printed (I knew changing the i = 0 in the for loop changed the print out).

Your code makes more sense although I'm struggling with using --j in the while loop. This is something new to me, so I'll look into it and continue learning. I think it's the same as j-- as switching it in the code doesn't seem to effect the result, either way I've not used it in this context.

Thanks for the reply! Getting there slowly but surely!

Study further before putting this in the rear view mirror. What is --j after all? Learn about it; don't just take my answers at face value, however well intentioned. Seek.