#10 "Oops, try again. It looks like your second <li>'s font-size is 16px instead of 12px"

Loving the font changes

Big title

1. This item is big Arial.
  2. This item is medium Verdana.
  3. This item is small Impact.

May you show us code? So we can actually fix it @textcoder46385 :laughing: . No Harsh Feelings Brother.

if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code is not visible, take the following steps to make your code visible:

select your code and press ctrl + k (or cmd + k if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

I am getting the same answer to my coding. How do I fix this problem? I have tried starting over a couple times and it never recognizes the 12px on the second

• . I am a super beginner and could really use some help. Thanks
  • 1 Like

obviously I should not use the code in my comments. The same thing just happened again to me on the next lesson though. It says it is 16px instead of 20px when I clearly typed 20px. Is there something wrong with the lessons? I am just skipping to the next ones for now.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    	<head>
    		<title>Loving the font changes</title>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    		<h1 style="font-family: Arial">Big title</h1>
    		 <ol>
    		 	<li style="font-family : Arial; font-size : 16px" >This item is big Arial.</li>
    		 	<li style="font-family : Verdana; font size : 12px" >This item is medium Verdana.</li>
    		 	<li style="font-family :Impact; font-size: 10px" >This item is small Impact.</li>
    		 </ol>
    	</body>
    </html>

@mocowan, if you need help, post your code.

@textcoder46385, font-size is one word with a dash/hyphen in between. you are missing this dash/hyphen in your second list item

it just don’t not read it right. is there any way just o skip this…???

wait, what? @netplayer76909, textcoder is the person who is stuck here and made this question. his code wasn’t visible, so i told him how to make his code visible, so now he posted it.

If you need help, please post your code

how do you combine the type of font and the size of the text in the code?

HRML basics II 8-font size- Looks normal on screen but have the “oops, try again. Slow down there, Speed Racer- it looks like your tags are nested funny – check the hint if you need help.”
    I’ve triple checked and as I said, looks like it should on screen and on coding. Please help so I can move on! How do I show you my code?

Thanks. Irene

@bitrunner69696 You can format code by adding three backticks (`) and a new line before and after your code:

```
    <code> will show up
    ```

Please create a new topic so we can help you easier, though :slight_smile:
    Thanks!

@gomez_stephanie_wiza, you can add multiply style values by seperating them by a semi-colon, for example:

<p style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline">

@bitrunner69696, can i see your code? what is the error message?

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <ol>
    <li style="font-family : Arial; fontsize : 16px" >This item is big Arial.</li>
    <li style="font-family : Verdana; fontsize : 12px" >This item is medium Verdana.</li>
    <li style="font-family :Impact; fontsize: 10px" >This item is small Impact.</li>
    </ol>
    </body>
    </html

Don’t understand what is wrong with my code.

font-size has a dash/hyphen between it

THanks, stetim94,

I don’t know how to show you my code. Can you tell me how or direct me to where I can learn to do this? This is section 8 of HTML basics II.

I have worked it out :smiley: i needed a - between font and size

if you’re having this problem check that it is correct

@bitrunner69696 if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code is not visible, take the following steps to make your code visible:

select your code and press ctrl + k (or cmd + k if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
    <p>visible</p>
    ```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

@textcoder46385, good to hear you resolved the issue. Please do not post the answer on the forum. thank you

I am getting the same error message that my second < li > has a wrong font size. Can someone help me?

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    	<head>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    		 <ol>
    		 	<li style="font-size: 16px; font-family: Arial">This item is big Arial.</li>
    		 	<li stlye="font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana">This item is medium Verdana.</li>
    		 	<li style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Impact">This item is small Impact.</li>
    		 </ol>
    	</body>
    </html>

you misspelled style in your second list item