[Poll] Which code editor do you use the most?

@denisaltroy Find me two people who use that (one of them can be you) and I’ll include it if I can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually started to love :love_letter: Sublime Text! Its the best! Mainly because of those plugins! (Like the plugin where you can code multiple lines in one keyboard!!)

1 Like

Really surprised I’m the only one so far to use Eclipse! Do use Notepad++ for anything non Java related though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not only one Uhum* Me *Uhum :smile:

2 Likes

html any day so wait am i the only one who does that

-.- Html is a language not a code editor… -.-

I’m a huge Eclipse fanboy, mainly because I work with Java a lot! It feels really nice and I love the convenience of the interface!

2 Likes

I use Brackets for web development stuff because it can push the results directly to a browser also in html if you type something like a starting h1 element, it does the ending one for you. I also can’t believe that Brackets is that popular! Check it out here if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I use Notepad++ for windows. Sublime Text looks interesting but it’s not free (You can download it for free but then it doesn’t stop bothering you to pay because it’s an unregistered version)

I use;
Netbeans
Notepad(++)
Visual Studio
Sublime Text
Eclipse

Why?
-Well really because I think a programmer should need to be able to adapt and learn how to use multiple IDE’s aswell as adapt to languages.
but WHY?
-Haven’t found my suit yet…
therefore I try all to find out. In the mean time I use all of them and will keep using them as long as there’s something to learn from it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have recently started using caret. Works well.

1 Like

@ithortureu
Can you post the link for that? I want to see it.

@printcoder_eric

It’s designed for chrome/chrome OS

here it is anyway

http://thomaswilburn.net/caret/

My editor isnt listed: TextPad

1 Like

Lol for C++, Visual Studio is the best if you are building a project with many libaries… otherwise if it is a small project, then Code::Blocks can do the job

How can you tell what kind of code editor something is?

@williamwallacef13 When you launch a program, it should have it’s name underneath or beside the icon, or you can look at the title bar on the very top.

For example, my browser’s title bar looks like this:

And my current primary code editor’s title bar looks like this:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That would explain why I couldn’t find what type of code editor Xcode uses; it uses it’s own :slight_smile:

1 Like

In that case, I use Xcode’s text editor the most; it is my favorite as well.

1 Like

@williamwallacef13 Haha, oh OK :slight_smile:

:+1:

1 Like