New Codecademy Theme Announcement

Instructions to change Forum Theme

You may all notice the site is looking rather different to normal!

Don’t panic, the Forums has been reverted to this default state to allow Codecademy to work on a theme that matches Codecademy’s new branding, which you will hopefully see roll out at some point.

While we wait for that to happen the Volunteer Moderators and Super Users have developed their own theme that is 100% Community owned and developed that you can all use.

If you have any suggestions for changes to that theme please make them in this thread or DM me.

To change your theme:

1. Click on your name:

2. Click preferences:

3. Click Interface:

4. Select Community Theme

5. Hit save

And that’s it, you will have the old theme back!

Let us know what you think works well and doesn’t with the Community Theme and we will happily make changes.

Which Theme do you prefer?

• Community Theme
  • Codecademy Theme

0 voters

7 Likes

There is now also a “Community Theme Rebrand” check it out! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey! I l am obsessed with this theme and am interested in using the UI for my club’s discourse. Is the source publically available?

1 Like

Glad you like it! Most of the source is on my GitHub the dark theme is applied on top of the rebrand theme.

Alex that GitHub link brings me to a 404 error page. Can you give us a new link?

Sorry, should be working now

1 Like

This theme is amazing @alexc! We’re keen to use it as a base for our forum’s theme, so would love to chat to you about it to make sure it’s OK with you!

Nice, I’m glad you like it! Send me a private message about your forums and we can’t discuss it further.