Login issues

Neither of the above apply to me. When I logged in the second time I accidentally signed up again. I used the same email. it should have said that email was already in use but it didn’t. I never received an email from code academy after the first sign up. I had gone through half the JavaScript class. However, the class let me continue from where I left off. So it looks like I jumped in the middle, which is OK by me. I was afraid I was going to have to start over.

By this do you mean although it said you were back on 0% completion, you were able to start on the next lesson? If so, you will be glad to know that you can do this on any course, no matter how far you have completed. This means you could be 10% through on an account, and access the last lesson straight away on the same account, or not have even started a course, but go straight to the last lesson.

@jibblyj

Not on the newer courses, though… they just show a lock icon and don’t allow you access to the later parts of the course until you’ve gotten through the first parts.

@bradleyglennjones That’s not possible, signing up twice with the same email account. Either you used a different email, or your old account got deleted, or you logged in but thought you signed up, but creating two accounts on one email isn’t possible.
But did you lose any progress? From your post, I’m gathering that you somehow got logged into Codecademy, and kept programming from where you left off in the course, but you don’t say anything about losing progress… ?

1 Like

I had completed 50% of the course over a few days. I had left the browser open with a tab on the course. I would work on it periodically threw my day at work. I locked my pc (with the browser open) when I left for the weekend on Friday. Monday morning my pc was off. When I went back to the class it started me at the beginning like I had never been there before. I just started back up at lesson 6. I tried to login with my only other email and it was registered. Could I have done half the class without registering? Weird. Not that big of a deal since I didn’t have to start over. but I lost all my badges.

See below some of the most common login issues:

• Not using a verified account: please login with a verified account, such as your email, facebook or other social media channel. This helps with security and ease of logging in. You also may have used a verified account the first time, not your email or vise versa.

• Some people have also experienced log in issues because they are actually clicking “Sign Up” instead of “Log In”, or vise versa. Just check to make sure you are on the correct page.

• If you logged in/created your account in a certain language, such as English, that you are logging into an English page again. Users have had issues when, for example, their original login was made in Portuguese-br website and they were trying login into English version.

• “Email address is already in use” is a common error when you are trying to login with an existing email account in the “sign up” area on accident. Or, you are trying to “sign up” with an email that is already taken.

-“Email Invalid” means that the email you are entering is not formatted correctly. What that usually means is it’s not a full email. i.e. a correct email format is "[email protected]" and you may have only entered something@ and forgot the blah.com

See an issue not logged above?

A post was split to a new topic: After sign in, an empty account came up

A post was split to a new topic: When I go to Log in on my Computer It directs me to site that I can’t do anything