Course Poll

It is better to learn how to create games using a game engine such as Unity.

4 Likes

True but that is for OP programmers. trust me tera if you actually see how hard it is to do Unity… If you dont know Java game programming and you try Unity… Bro sad life

4 Likes

Could you please click on the reply button next time cause I may not know if whether or not you are commenting or you are talking to me, thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

By the way, with Java game development, I believe that you cannot do as much as you can with Unity, cause with Unity you can easily use its inbuilt physics and everything, it is so much easier to create more professional games than with Java.

4 Likes

this tells you the basics, sorrry for not replying forgot that. But im telling you dont undermine Unity3D if you arent good at math or physics like the Unity3D person said (person in link) You should step out of Unity3D. Im not saying people shouldnt test it, but try to learn like physics and like high level math before going to Unity. Unity also requires a problem solving mind.(As most Programming languages do :laughing: )

I am replying to you know.

3 Likes

Definitely C++, all the big companies program in it.

6 Likes

I would like to have lua to be able to script on games such as Roblox and Gmod, it would really help!!!

2 Likes

I voted for C++ because it’s really good to learn this language (and I don’t know it yet), but programming for Android/Iphone seems really interesting too.

I understand it’s not easy ‘make a course’, but maybe could you tell us when you pick next choice? :wink:

2 Likes

Would you consider adding “R” ? :smiley:

3 Likes

@coresurfer82141 Yea exactly. Learning C++ is like starting Math with advanced calculus. C++ Is extremely hard, 1 line of code in javascript= 10lines of code in C++ . Trust me they should do C++ at like 1/2 years later.

2 Likes

Hi Alex, (thanks for the update & I’ll use the forums now, but had sent course suggestions there because that was the instruction in the Pro FAQ section).

The suggestions were, (& sorry if anyone feels the first is out of place, but I’m sure Codecademy would handle it very well):

• Database Training - I don’t know enough about them overall yet to suggest specifics here (in terms of what’s most in-demand [different ones for different fields I imagine]), or what a “full” path might be, or if any “paths” even apply to the database realm, (I did do the Codecademy SQL Course, and I mean to suggest things that may be possible in addition to that).
    • C/C++/C# - (& suggestions for beginners about which is best to start with if wanting to understand all).
4 Likes

@alexcommunitymgr it’s wrong to write:
“Swift (building iOS apps - mobile or desktop)”
it should be:
“Swift (bulding Apps for iOS, OSX, watchOS, tvOS)”

1 Like

@alexcommunitymgr Can you please add some type of game programming language in it? Lets add a little bit diversity

2 Likes

How and why is it wrong to write that

2 Likes

iOS is only mobile and OSX would be desktop

2 Likes

Gotcha .Not really abreast with the apple world

2 Likes

What is your suggestion?

1 Like

Java/C++ I assume. 

1 Like

Not C++ like i said in my opinon:

My suggestion @alexcommunitymgr is we start out with something simple, like Java Game Programming. Because we cant have every codecademy course be about web development really. We need some tutorials on game development as that field is growing these days! Would love to see that in the Course Poll!

4 Likes

Hum, what about Rust?
I got the impression that it’s a tiny bit more newbie friendly then C/C++ while still being a low level language.
That said, Rust, C++ and C seems to be quite similar so perhaps a unified low level course with all of those (and some basic assembly?) languages included starting simple with a made up language to display concepts and building up then branching when you start encountering differences?

Other then Rust I’d of course would also like to learn the other low level languages, and perhaps some high level ones like Lisp and Erlang.
More Python lessons would also be appreciated though as there’s a lot more to learn then what you’ve showed us so far.

Well, that’s my two cent…

2 Likes