Codecademy hidden courses

But they are still kinda fun…

6 Likes

They are kind of fun, I have a lot of lists of these courses scattered around the place. Will try to consolidate them somewhere.

8 Likes

Oo this is fun I’ve found loads. Gonna pin a new post up and make it a wiki I’ll fill it with the courses I’ve got and then feel free to add these and others to it, should get it done within about 10/15 minutes.

9 Likes

You sound so excited about that Alex :wink:

4 Likes

@turtwigpo I found this course you posted:

Some time ago.

That is a really fun course!

Thank you for posting it.

I made a Codebit for some courses I found on Tommy Copeland’s account. I did not have much time to name them all!

5 Likes

Ahah of course I am!

Taken me an hour but finally done it: Bonus Codecademy Courses

From the list can you tell I used to help run the Advanced Javascript group? :laughing:

Seems like I could have saved my self the time and just looked at @steven.copeland post though!

Edit: adding a few more from this post in now.

8 Likes

@steven.copeland adding all the courses you listed in now.

4 Likes

Great! Hope you find some good ones! send me and email of what it looks like in the end

3 Likes

These links all go to the same page.

Edited at 21:52 est:

Last 2 have been corrected. 1st link isn’t working.

3 Likes

@biff75 If you look at the list I’ve used the correct links for all courses given here.

@steven.copeland Might take me a while I have 300+ more courses to add from ones I have taken and can’t remember which where actually any good!

5 Likes

@alexcraig @steven.copeland thanks to you both for putting this stuff together

4 Likes

@alexcraig I just thought of away we could get like 500+ courses but unfortunately I deleted an old codbit I had, which had all of the old courses. From Python, Ruby, HTML & CSS, Javascript, etc.

3 Likes

@alexcraig If you go to Tommy Copeland’s account and click on badges you can see lots of old courses.

4 Likes

@steven.copeland my account has about 400 old courses on, just need to go through them all :confused:

4 Likes

Hey I can help, I’ll try to get as many as I can.

3 Likes

But wow that is a lot of courses

3 Likes

@steven.copeland Cool that would be great! Not sure if a list of 400 exercises would be useful though :confused: Might have to try and see which ones are the best. But it’s in the hands of the community now cause it’s a wiki so feel free to do anything and everything with it :slight_smile: The important thing is we all link people to it so we can share all these wonderful courses!

P.S. My favourite ones are all the Challenges, Method-Chaining, Markdown (so people actually learn how to sue it) and Ajax.

EDIT: Found a new list!! https://github.com/A-J-C/CodecademyGroups/blob/master/Python%20For%20Beginners%20-%20Dustin%20Goodman/A%20List%20of%20Great%20Beta%20Python%20Courses%20-%20Glenn%20Richard.md

5 Likes

@alexcraig Wow you found another list! Your right. It probably wouldn’t be very useful, but we could write down all the courses then pick the best from each language.

I really like those to. They are pretty good. I’ve done a lot of those(except maybe Ajax).

3 Likes

Yeah, perhaps we should start a spreadsheet similar to: this one I made when back when thinking what courses should be promoted from Beta to Non Track.

Listing all the courses we’ve managed to find, then we can add a link to the jumbo list at the bottom of the post. And people can slowly work through them pointing out any brilliant ones. Would be a nice little project to start.

5 Likes

My parents won’t let me have a G-mail account yet :cry:

4 Likes